Hi friends! Today is my 28th birthday so I thought it would be fun to do a post with 28 facts about me. It’s been a while since I’ve done a post where I’ve shared facts about myself, so I thought now would be a good time to do one… Let’s get started : )
1. I’m a huge sports fan. Football, basketball, and baseball are my favorites. Dodgers and Lakers are my teams. Now that LA has two football teams, it’s still hard to say what team I root for, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Rams because it’s just too weird to me that the Chargers aren’t part of San Diego anymore. And yes, I am an avid Fantasy Football player : )
2. I’m a big Diet Coke lover.
3. I love cars. When I was a teenager, I could name every make/model/year of any car I saw. I’m still pretty good at it, but was definitely better at it when I was younger.
4. I’ve been an aunt since I was 6. I have two older half brothers (16 & 18 years older than me) and one of them started having kids when he was 21. Today, I have two nephews and one niece; their ages are 21, 20, and 17.
5. I love high speed pursuits. Since I live near LA, these tend to happen on a weekly basis and I just can’t stop watching them once they start!
6. I am a first generation Californian. My dad is from Arkansas and my mom is from Upstate New York (Buffalo area).
7. I have 14 blood related aunts and uncles (as in not through marriage). My mom was number 3 out of 4 kids, and my dad was number 7 out of 12 kids. However, I can’t even tell you all of their names. I also have no idea how many cousins I have.
8. I did competitive cheerleading and dance from the time I was 2 up until 17.
9. I learned to drive when I was 12. One day, I’ll do a blog post on the reason why, I just need some more time before I get too personal on here and share my story : )
10. I’ve never lived in a house without animals. Dogs and cats are a must for me! P.S.-We rescue all of our animals.
11. I am not a fan of movies. I rarely watched them as a kid and never watch them now. Luckily, Chris feels the same way so we never go to the movies or watch them at home.
12. I take care of my parents who both have different forms of Dementia. I’m going to try and open up more about this in future blog posts : ).
13. I love beer! It’s my alcoholic drink of choice. And yes, even at my wedding, I was a “bride with a beer!” as people told me haha.
14. I’ve only been to three different countries other than the US; Mexico, United Kingdom (London), and Canada (multiple times for Canada).
15. I can’t stand the phrase “Stinking Cute”. But really, you will never hear me say this!
16. I’ve had two eye surgeries when I was 21. This is a long story and I will spare you the details because it is not all that pretty…BUT, I was born with horrible vision. I started wearing glasses in the first grade and I hated them. I was sooo self conscious about them. I finally started wearing contacts in my freshmen year of high school but they were also a pain. I heard so much about Lasik eye surgery so I wanted to know more about it. Well, my eyes were so bad that I didn’t even qualify for Lasik at first. My doctor couldn’t even tell me what my vision was because it was so bad. Let me explain; Perfect vision is 20/20, Legally blind is 20/200, the scale goes up to 20/400, and I was beyond the scale. So my first surgery was called ICL surgery. It is when they put an implantable contact lens behind the colored part of your eye. This was actually a pretty painless surgery (and yes, you are awake during eye surgeries). The next morning, I woke up and I could actually see! It was a miracle, like I could even see in the shower for the first time ever. It was life changing to say the least. But three months later, I had Lasik on just my right eye where I have an astigmatism. This surgery was extremely painful and unfortunately, something went wrong. I will leave it at that but I will say that everything ended up okay. Today, my vision is still sooo much better than what it used to be, but I still have a pair of prescription glasses that I use when I’m either driving at night or need to see writing that is far away. Wow, sorry that was so long! I just felt I had to explain why I’ve had two eye surgeries.
17. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge coffee lover! It is a daily must for me. I typically have 2-3 cups a day.
18. I can’t stand it when people stick their tongue out for either a picture (to try and be cute) or in person. It seriously makes me want to vomit when I see it and have to immediately look away.
19. I love pizza! I have it at least two times a week haha.
20. I’m a very quite and shy person at first, and it’s sometimes hard for me to open up to people.
21. For the past five years (2012-2017), I have had a headache/migraine everyday. But really, everyday. I tried everything; prescription drugs, hospital stays, ER visits, Botox, acupuncture, countless doctor visits, diet changes, you name it, and I’ve tried it. The one and only thing that worked for me was peppermint oil. It was a temporary fix, but I never went anywhere without (I still don’t, just in case). My headaches only recently started going away when my dentist suggested that I get a mouth guard because it appeared that I was clenching my teeth at night (I had no idea that I did this). It’s been a few months and it truly has made a difference for my headaches (hooray!).
22. The first time I ever had buffalo wings was in Buffalo, New York (is this a cool fact or no??) lol.
23. My first car was a 1992 Toyota Camry.
24. My first job was at Baskin Robbins when I was 16.
25. I never learned to play an instrument as a kid, and honestly, I’m kind of bummed about it. However, I listened to music so much as a kid that I can play a pretty tune on the piano and even a basic tune on the drums. One of my childhood friends had a lot of instruments in her house and that is where I picked up how to play.
26. I’m a big reality TV fan, so much that I do not watch one scripted show. My favorites are The Real Housewives (specifically the OC, Beverly Hills, and Potomac), anything with Jeff Lewis, Million Dollar Listing, Ladies of London (please tell me this isn’t cancelled!), and anything with Andy Cohen. But no, I do not watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette! Oh, and I love House Hunters on HGTV : )
27. I have never been to Chick-fil-A. And I’m not dying to go either because I don’t like to patronage a business that is against same sex marriage (everyone deserves to be loved and accepted!).
28. I have never been on a cruise and never want to go on one! I just feel like Titanic is going to happen if I ever go on one…am I the only one that feels like this?!
Well that concludes the 28 facts about me in honor of my 28th birthday! That was actually a lot harder than I thought! Sorry it was a little long but I hope you guys enjoyed it! P.S. let me know if we have anything in common in the comments below! Have a great day!