Hi friends! It’s been a while since I have done a beauty post so I thought I’d do a post of my current go-to makeup routine. I’m actually going to go in order of how I apply each product, not in order of the above picture. Let’s get started…
1. Stila One Step Correct Primer– I love this primer because it has color-correcting benefits such as redness and dullness. I also like how it feels more like a moisturizer on my skin, rather than a layer of product sitting on my skin. I actually talked about this product in my very first blog post back in January (do you remember??).
2. Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer– I apply this primer only in my T-Zone area for extra help with my exposed pores. It works great and really adds a difference after I apply my makeup. This also works great even if you don’t apply makeup after, and just want a natural look.
3. Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer– I originally discovered this product after I got a sample of it in one of my Sephora packages. I tried it, and immediately fell in love with it. It comes in 3 shades- I wear the shade “light”. It blends in fairly quickly and is perfect for those days where you want something in light coverage. Plus- it has an spf of 20! If you are looking for something with more coverage, I suggest checking out Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. This is another product that I talked about in my first blog post : ) I have this foundation and wear it if I have a photoshoot or a big event. It is amazing!
4. Tarte CC UnderEye Corrector– During my routine, I would now start to conceal my under eyes. I also have already done a post explaining my under eye situation and what products work for me (See here– But please don’t judge for the horrible photography in this post! I am still learning : ) BUT- in case you missed it, I have extremely dark under eyes. As in if I don’t wear under-eye makeup, people will ask me how I’m feeling and if I am sick! They are hereditary and I have been wearing under-eye concealer since middle school because of it. I’m so glad a discovered Tarte’s CC Under-Eye corrector because it is a true game-changer for me. I put 1-2 layers of this before I apply my actual concealer. It might be an extra step in your makeup routine, but it is so worth it if you struggle with dark under eyes like me.
5. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer– If you didn’t already know, this is the holy grail concealer of all concealers! This product is full coverage and matte and conceals even the darkest of under eye circles (Trust me-I would know!). I also use this concealer for any other imperfections like blemishes or scars. Highly recommend!
6. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder– I then top off my under eyes with this brightening powder from Laura Mercier. This powder is only intended for your under eyes just to clarify. It really helps to lock in your concealer and works amazingly! It also lasts a really long time, even if you use it daily like I do.
7. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder– To set my face makeup, I apply Laura Mercier’s loose translucent setting powder all over my face. To apply, I use their velour puff which is actually really fun to use (is that weird??). I go back and forth whether I like a loose powder or a pressed powder (anyone else that can’t make up their mind?!). But for now, I’m sticking with the loose powder. I think I just like pressed powder because it is less of a mess in the bathroom, or on the go, you know what I mean?? But just FYI, this powder does have Talc in it, if you are against that then I suggest getting Makeup Forever’s setting powder which has a formula based on cornstarch, not talc. I have also used this product and it works great.
8. Benefit Cosmetics Cheek Parade– I then move on to my cheeks- Blush, bronzer, and highlighters! This is definitely my favorite part in my makeup routine. I just think it’s fun to experiment with different blushes and bronzers. This cheek palette is my all time favorite! Not only is it filled with gorgeous shades, but it also smells amazing! I definitely wasn’t expecting it to smell so good haha. I also use this angled cheek brush from Sephora to apply the product. I highly recommend it!
9. Smashbox L.A. Lights Blush & Highlighter Palette– I also love this blush and highlighter palette. It has two different kinds of blushes and one highlighter. The colors are so pretty!
10. Pixi Natural Brow Duo– Love this eyebrow pencil, it makes my eyebrows look amazing! But to be honest, I do not use the tinted gel end of the duo. It makes my eyebrows feel crusty which I’m just not down for.
11. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color– I then go over my eyebrows with this pencil with light brush strokes to make my eyebrows look more natural and real.
12. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara– Last but not least, it’s time for some mascara! I honestly love to experiment with different mascaras but I always go back to CoverGirl. I don’t have the best of lashes so I tend to stick with the basics and you definitely can’t go wrong with this mascara! And yes, your lashes will really be clump free!
So there you have it! Hope you guys enjoyed this beauty post! Let me know if you have any questions. Side note- I’m currently really trying to get better at photography, can anyone point out any YouTube videos that are helpful or any recommendations on cameras/lenses? I would appreciate it!